top of page

Self Employed / partnership registration

About Self - employment in UK

If you start working for yourself, you are classed as a sole trader.  This means you are self – employed even if you have not told HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

A person is self – employed it they run their business for themselves and take responsibility for its success or failure.

Self – employed workers aren’t paid through PAYE, and they don’t have employment rights and responsibilities of employees.

Someone can be both employed and self-employed at the same time.

Tax return.jpg

You are probably self – employed if you:

  • run your business for yourself and take responsibility for its success or failure

  • have several customers at the same time

  • can decide how, where and when you do your work

  • can hire other people at your own expense to help you or to do the work for you

  • provide the main items of equipment to do your work

  • are responsible for finishing any unsatisfactory work in your own time

  • charge an agreed fixed price for your work

  • sell goods or services to make a profit

How to register self – employment in UK

If you have decided that Self – employment is the best option, you must register with HMRC and to get a Unique Tax Reference number. You should register as a Self – Employed as soon as possible after starting a business. If you are struggling with the procedure of registering your new company, please contact us.

bottom of page